Come, O Holy Spirit, come! Give us open hearts to hear Your counsel. Give us boldness to obey. Use us to do Your work and spread Your love. Help us trust that we only need to OBEY and You will show us the way. Our job isn’t to worry or fret over outcomes, but simply to follow and obey You. Help us to embrace obedience and trust in Your leadership! Amen!
“The church for too long has followed Caspar, the friendly ghost instead of seeking the fire of the Holy Spirit. We have turned limp at the thought of our own cross; we faint when we think of suffering or sacrifice. Beloved, it is time to embrace the fire of God’s Presence. It is the fire that purifies our sacrifice.” ~Francis Frangipane
Deepen and inspire your prayers with the Pray Deep Prayer Cards!
Get your FREE set of printable prayer cards outlining 16 different ways to pray today!
This post is part of a 4 week series about the Holy Spirit. Click HERE to catch up on other posts in this series.
This series will look at topics such as:
– Inviting the Holy Spirit to begin working within us
– How to listen for the Holy Spirit
– What it means to obey the guidance of the Holy Spirit
– How obedience is linked to trust
– How the Holy Spirit equips us, even when we don’t feel qualified
– What impact we can have in the world when we open ourselves to the Holy Spirit
[…] Prayer to Embrace Obedience […]